martedì 27 gennaio 2015

ZOILO...a little argentinian paradise in London!




I'm back...this week I'm very happy...last night I had a nice dining experience!
Few weeks ago a friend of mine told me about a new argentinian tapas bar around Oxford Circus...I've never really had an argentinian restaurant experience, and since I love tapas bar I decided to give it a try!
So I put on some nice clothes and with my inevitable companion I headed down to Oxford Street!
We didn't have a reservation but it wasn't hard to get two seats at the bar...I have to say Zoilo has a nice design, brick wall, nice bulbs hanging on the ceiling, and a suffused light!


I soon realized that the menu was quite small...4 snacks, 3 empanadas, 3 sea, 4 land and 3 sides!
Instead I really enjoyed the wine list with a few Malbec to choose from!
I went for the best Malbec on the menu, a Decero 2011 and Fabre Montmayou Reservado 2012, simply delicious! The Malbec is a very strong wine they both were above 14%!



Then the food...we started with a selection of house bread & butter, oh my gosh that bread was so good, we had to order a second basket!



Then we had Provoleta, almonds & oregano honey...it was so delicious, I'm not really in to cheese, but I was very impressed, it was very tasty and the cheese, almond and oregano honey combined togheter created an amazing dish, somehow reminded me of the cheese on top of the best pizza u can imagine! Stunning....



Then we had Braised pig head croquettes & quince jam, again not big fan of the pig head or pig ear cos they have a very strong taste, and even this time the dish had a quite strong taste, which was balanced by the quince jam but I have to say the result was quite good, so pig head croquettes...why not!



Then the empanadas, we had the one with spinach, goats's cheese, raisins & pine nuts, it wasn't the best dish of the night, since the empanadas is quite a simple dish, with simple ingredients, it wasn't anything special, probably the best empanadas I hate so far, but still an empanadas! Let's move forward...



Then main courses...Chimichurri beef burger, smoked bacon, provolone, onions & pickles...I love burgers and I never had one with Chimichurri sauce (Chimichurri  is a green sauce used for grilled meat, originally from Argentine, it is based on finely-chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, and white or red wine vinegar) and I have to say it was quite delicious, cooked as perfection, juicy meat, the bacon wasn't crispy as I like it to be, provolone cheese, the same we ate as a starter was quite good, and the sauce was very good, beef burger...well done!



Then the Caramelised pork belly, grilled scallops, sweet potato & chorizo, I found the combination pork belly/grilled scallops, which was cooked as perfection, quite fascinating...the dish was great, nice flavours, pork not to fat, properly cooked and very tasty...vamossss




Breast of duck, pumpkin, cabbage, quince & granola...another well executed dish...I loved the crunch of the granola, and the pumpkin cabbage and quince to offset the duck flavor, well done!



We had a side dish of  chips, which looked and tasted good, I think the dish had a bit too garlic, but it's a personal taste, anyway loved the chips!




Then it comes the desert; I have to make a point here...it's very hard to find a very unique desert nowadays, wherever I go, Spanish, Italian, Argentinian or French restaurant, the desert menu is not the same but quite similar, I had pannacotta in an Italian restaurant and in a Spanish one, I had Creme brûlée in a French one and in an Argentine one...so I wasn't impressed when I read the desert menu, like I wasn't in every other place I have been...anyway....

we had a delicious, I repet this, DELICIOUS Dulche de leche Crème Brûléè & "banana split" ice cream, with an amazing glass of desert wine, which I can't remember the name, but I do remember the taste, wowwww....and then a Chocolate Fondant, not quite good as the Crème Bruléè but still a great desert, whit an other amazing glass of wine.
I have to say I was very impressed about the wine in this restaurant, both Malbec and desert wine!





The bill was around 100 pounds plus the service charge!
It was a great night, stunning restaurant, great food and amazing wine, good service, the barman Tommaso along with the manger and the rest of the stuff have done a great job, thank u guys!
Will I come back?!...
Of course and next time I will try the fish and the white wine...Zoilo see u soon!
Gracias papi 
 ;-)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento