mercoledì 14 gennaio 2015

TOZI, real Italian food in London!


TOZI...finally real italian food!
After the very bad experience at Polpo last week, Russel I don't know if I could ever forgive u, last night I went to TOZI, a Venetian-Italian restaurant and bar in Victoria.It was a Triumph since the beginning, stunning restaurant, there's a very nice atmosphere, and finally everybody where italian, from the hostess, waiting stuff and management!
I mean, would u go to a German restaurant and be served by an italian waitress? Nope...why? Simple the restaurant experience is not only food and drink but is the whole experience that matters, and if I was german and I went to a german restaurant and the waitress was italian I'd be a bit disappointed!
So as italian I was happy to know that everybody was italian...anyway...lets talk about food!
Tozi serve Cicchetti, small sharing plates, like the spanish tapas, like Polpo, but the difference is simple the quality in Tozi is astonishing.
We didn't have a reservation, stupid, but we were lucky enough to find a table available.
We were approached by our waiter, who explain us the menu, he was impeccable, the service went smooth, it seems to be back in NYC, one thing I want to say about the service, u may know or not know but the service in London is quite differente from NYC, anyway the service at Tozi is like NYC, waiters, busboys, runners, is a pleasure for the customer.
From our table we could see the open kitchen...



We started with a couple of Cicchetti, actually first of all our waiter brang us a basket of lovely bread...



then we had a pizzetta with butternut squash gorgonzola and walnut, it was simply amazing, what a difference between the Polpo pizza, which was simply disgusting, this was a real Italian pizza, perfectly cooked and very tasty; and look how beautiful it is (pic below), there's no way a pizza that beautiful could taste bad, you could realize how good is it only looking at it...divine!


then we had a fried courgettes, which was ok, nothing special, but still well executed, and then a selection of cured meat...oh my god it really seemed to be back in Italy, in the meantime we were drinking a glass of delicious Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, 2012...which was served, and here I mention again the Polpo family, in a proper wine glass!




Then here it comes the Burrata, oh my gosh...it was simply melting in my mouth, again delicious; the Burrata is a fresh italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream, the outer shell is solid mozzarella, while the inside contains both mozzarella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture; I took pics of every dish we had but unfortunately I forgot to take a pic of the burrata, we couldn't wait to dig in ;-)


Then the pasta, we had two different pasta the first was an amazing buffalo ricotta ravioli and truffle, the pasta was perfectly cooked and very tasty, then we had mezzi paccheri wild boar, again super delicious.



In the meantime I had an other glass of wine, a Carignano del Sulcis Grotta Rossa, 2011/2012 from Sardinia.
At least but not last we had Ox cheeks, girolles and red wine sauce.


We end our dinner with a couple od desserts, delicious fig tart with vanilla ice cream, lime and basil sorbetto and passion fruit and campari sorbetto, while we were drinking an amazing Passito di Noto Planeta, 2010 from Sicily.




And then I had a coffe, which I regret, not because it wasn't good, but just because, and I usually don't drink coffe, after all that amazing food I had such lovely flavor in my mouth which was destroyed by the coffe...I sincerely don't understand all this fuss about the coffe, in Italy almost everybody drinks a cup of espresso after the meal, but if you think about it really doesn't make sense, most of the time the coffe flavor doesn't really match with the dinner you had, and it ended up destroying all the lovely flavors I had in my mouth!


The total bill was a bit less the 130 pounds, for two people, included service charge...it might seems a bit expensive but we had 6 glasses of wine, and lots of food.
Will I come back?...Oh yeah...I can't wait.
TOZI real italian food in London!




1 commento:

  1. Sono nuova a Londra e sempre alla ricerca di ristoranti italiani buoni, quindi grazie mille! Will try it for sure ;)

    RispondiElimina